Start your Japanese language curriculum with our online course for complete beginners. No Japanese language experience necessary!
April 10 - June 12, 2023
April 11 - June 20, 2023
April 12 - June 21, 2023
April 15 - June 24, 2023
- Japanese fundamentals of grammar and vocabulary.
- Beginner Japanese conversation (speaking and listening).
- Japanese reading and writing skills (hiragana, katakana, basic kanji).
At the Shinjuku Japanese Language School, beginner students learn Japanese fundamentals using “jyubako” cards (original grammar cards), making comprehension an easy process.
Our course pushes students to learn Japanese expressions -- which are very handy for greetings, dining out, shopping, speaking on the phone, and other practical situations.
To help meet these purposes, this online course focuses on the beginner japanese skills, which involve reading, writing, speaking, and listening. SNG's unique teaching method makes it easy to learn keigo (polite speech).
Through role-play and pair work, students gain a strong grammatical foundation and can actively practice what they have learned. From this early stage, composition and speech classes are also provided.
We offer two Beginner levels. We will evaluate your Japanese level upon enrollment and determine the appropriate Japanese beginner course for you.Basic Beginner・Beginner I
Aimed at: Students with no prior knowledge of Japanese, and those already familiar with the basics of Japanese.
- Be able to introduce yourself.
- Have simple conversations using the honorific language.
- Read and write properly hiragana and katakana.
- Read and write properly 111 kanji.
- Listen to and understand a conversation about a familiar topic when spoken slowly.
- Understand information you are familiar with.
- Write sentences summarizing your own experiences in relation to a familiar topic.
- Be able to make simple exchanges about daily life.
- Verb conjugation (short form/long form)
- Self introduction
- Greetings and everyday sentences
- Adjectives (i)
- Adjectives (na)
- Demonstratives adjectives
- Verbs in 「て」
- Verbs: potential form
- Making request
- Making proposals
- Existence and possession
- Reverse condition
- Talk about past experience
- Formal language
- Expression of Ability
- How to express reasons
- Expressing change
Total: 120 hours
1 Class [ 30 Hours ] = Cost: JPY 49,500Beginner II
Aimed at: Students who successfully passed N5 (JLPT)/A1 (CEFR), or are at an equivalent level.
- Understand texts about familiar topics used in everyday’s life.
- Understand the meaning of information, ads, signboards, and such, found in everyday’s life.
- Be able to write about familiar topics using basic vocabulary and kanji, sticking to a typical writing style.
- Be able to post and make simple answers on SNS.
- Be able to talk about a familiar topic in everyday’s life.
- Communicate with Japanese people in natural Japanese.
- Approximately understand an everyday life conversation spoken at a slow pace.
- Express desire
- Giving and receiving
- Formal language
- Ask for permission
- Expressing obligation and prohibition
- Giving suggestion and advice
- Listing multiple verbs
- Similarity or hearsay
- Verbs: passive form
- How to express aims
- Expressing amount
- Making request
- Time-specific action
Total: 120 hours
1 Class [ 30 Hours ] = Cost: JPY 49,500
Take classes from anywhere.
Native instructors from Tokyo.
Certificate upon completion.
Once or twice a week.
"Sasaki Sensei is the best Japanese teacher I have ever had! She is so passionate about teaching, very devoted and always cheerful. Her slides were brilliant to explain grammar through examples. I hope I can meet her one day to thank her for all her time preparing for our classes."
“I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to the school for offering such an excellent learning experience for me. I love studying Japanese with Kamioka Sensei very much. She is very patient, helpful, dedicated and kind. She also explains all the grammar items in great details which allows me to understand them easily. She also offers wonderful oral practices for us! The staff here are also very supportive and helpful! Thank you again for the amazing school learning environment!”
Takahide Ezoe, Principal of SNG
The Shinjuku Japanese Language Institute (SNG) has its own original teaching style called "the Ezoe Method" used in our beginner class. With over 48 years of experience teaching foreign students from over 50 countries, the Ezoe Method is widely considered the best way to learn Japanese both in the classroom and through online courses.
Shinjuku Japanese Language Institute
Our Japanese language school is 100% approved and certified by the Japanese Ministry of Education, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, and the Association for the Promotion of Japanese Language Education. You can rest assured that you will receive a quality education accepted by the top government organizations in Japan. We are also recognized by the international standard ISO (ISO 29991:2014) as a language learning services provider organization.
Please make sure you have access to a strong enough internet connection that will allow you to see and hear a video stream.
PC, tablet or smartphone is necessary to attend online classes. Headphones are recommended for listening practice but are not mandatory.
Please check the course overview before applying to see if you meet the minimum Japanese language requirements for this class.
This course will be conducted using Zoom or Google Meet. Please download this software for class. No additional purchase necessary.
- Twice a week
- Mondays & Wednesdays 7pm-8:30pm*
- Tuesdays & Thursdays 7pm-8:30pm*
- Once a week
- Mondays 10am-1pm*
- Saturdays 10am-1pm*
- *Japan Standard Time GMT+9
- JPY 1,650 per hour with 30 hours enrollment.
Frequently asked questions
Interested in other Japanese courses?
We build best-in-class course programs for every level, from our foundational Japanese beginner class to our advanced online business Japanese course. Our Japanese teachers are all native and certified in Tokyo, Japan.