Shinjuku Japanese Language Institute offers support in a variety of ways, be it day-to-day support, guidance for higher education, or career counseling.



At our Japanese language school, exceptional guidance counseling is offered to support all students--whether they are interested in continuing on to higher education or looking to obtain employment.

Counselors are available for 30-minute consultations Monday through Friday from 10:00 to 17:00. The sessions are free, and students may meet with counselors as many times as necessary. Reservation required.

How We Help

Our guidance counselors are skilled in providing students with important information based on their goals for the future. They are readily available with brochures, entrance exam requirements, tuition, application information, and more from many different schools, as well as past exams and interview questions.

They are also knowledgeable about the JLPT, EJU, and TOEFL scores that are required, which vary by school or career choice, and can supply interested students with instructions on writing graduate school research proposals.

Recommendation letters

Shinjuku Japanese Language Institute provides general or school-targeted letters of recommendation for excellent students, provided they meet certain attendance and Japanese language level requirements at our school.

Partner universities and vocational schools

Shinjuku Japanese Language Institute actively supports students who wish to enter a Japanese University or vocational school. In Japan, there is a system of designated Japanese school recommendation, in which Universities and Vocational colleges have partnerships with preparatory schools that allow students from these schools to benefit from particular entrance requirements.

Career Guidance

Depending on your field of specialization, Japan’s labor shortage may be an opportunity for you to work in Japan. Shinjuku Japanese Language Institute partners with Japanese recruitment companies and local institutions that provide support for foreigners in Japan. Changing your student visa to a working visa is relatively simple if you find an employer that can sponsor you. If you need information to change your visa to a working visa, please inquire at the bureau of immigration. Looking for a part time job in Japan while studying? We can introduce you to job search platforms and assist you apply.